Hey there. Thanks for being here.
A few bits about me:
- Currently work as a healthcare venture capitalist at Amplitude Ventures, one of the biggest healthcare VC firms in Canada. I'm Nemo in the wide ocean of healthcare VC.
- Became a doctor in Scotland doing my undergrad at the University of St. Andrews and medical degree at the University of Edinburgh. Although I went to the same school as William and Kate, I am not part of the British royal family.
- Sports is my obsession. Play golf, tennis and basketball when I can. Primarily watch football (both types) and basketball while spending way too much time thinking about Kawhi's shot, debating whether Jurgen Klopp or Masai Ujiri are the greatest men alive and contemplating why Lamar Jackson doesn't have a new contract.
- Frequent traveler having visited 55 countries by the time I was 21. Got super lucky to be born to parents who loved 15-hour flights, traveling to multiple continents in the same week and exploring all the beauty this world has to offer.
- Danced Bollywood for over a decade as a kid and been re-discovering it recently, especially now that white kids are blowing up on Tik Tok dancing to Indian music.
- Since leaving medicine, discovered a love for writing, reading and meditating (thanks Tim Ferris) having read 186 non-fiction books, written over 721 blog posts and meditated for 100 hours since 2018. All of these numbers are wrong, but hopefully you get the point.
Started this website as a way to learn from the past, write for the present and use it to prepare for our challenging future.
Hope you learn something while you're here and get inspired to be a better you.
If you want to support me along this journey, feel free to buy me a beer. Really appreciate it.